Zakopane Poland has many popular tourist attractions but one of the most popular is the Tatra National Park. The Tatra Mountains provide a magnificent backdrop for Zakopane and many visitors come to Zakopane just to hike through the Tatra Mountains. The park was established in 1954 and has approximately 275 km of tourist trails ranging from easy to very difficult. The trails are fitted with chains, iron steps or rope ladders for safety. When you are planning a Zakopane hiking trip, there are several essential hiking items that you will want to pack for your trip.
- Hiking boots – This is essential if you plan on hiking the more difficult trails in Tatra National Park. Hiking boots help protect your feet as well as give you the traction needed on rugged trails. Even though the trails have some safety features, you will still need hiking books that will give you support to help reduce the risk of injury. It is best to go to a store that specializes in hiking boots so that you can be fitted with the proper size. They can also recommend the type of hiking boot based on how much hiking you intend to do and why level of difficulty you will attempt.
- Because the weather in the mountains can change quickly, rain wear is another essential hiking item to pack. A lightweight, weather resistant jacket is best because you do not want to trip on long ponchos or have a poncho tear because it is snagged on a tree limb or bush.
- Water and snacks – Always pack water bottles and high-energy snacks when you go hiking. Drinking plenty of water is vital as you hike through the mountains and you do not know if you will be able to find fresh water sources on your hike. High energy snacks or a packed lunch are also essential for giving you added energy throughout the day.
- Day pack or backpack – A lightweight backpack is perfect for holding all of your essentials. You can also be fitted for a backpack – – this is a good idea to make sure that you are comfortable during your hike.
- Walking stick or hiking pole – These offer additional balance while hiking. It is purely a personal preference but is helpful in tricky balancing circumstances such as crossing streams on rocks.
- Other items – Other items you should take with you on a hike include flashlight, compass, map, first aid kit, knife, insect repellent, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and, of course, a camera to capture the beauty of the Tatra Mountains.
Let Zakopane Hotels help you with your Zakopane accommodations by finding you the best travel deals on some of the best Zakopane hotels. Zakopane Poland is a popular tourist destination during the summer and the winter and our hotel booking page will keep you up-to-date on the latest Zakopane hotel rates.Google+